Sunday, October 3, 2010

Gettin' serious

OK, now we're getting serious with this whole crafty thing.  I'm gonna go pro.  And by pro, I mean a completely amateur foray into the world of selling crafts.

Should be interesting.

So far, Crafty Clemetine is my name, and candles are my game.  I started making these lovely little candle holders for, you guessed it, The Wedding.  A couple here, a couple there, I thought.  But, like most aspects of The Wedding, one thing lead to another and it grew until it was completely out of control.  In the best possible way.

I think we ended up with over 150 candle holders, all handmade by yours truly.  Because why not, right?  It was actually really fun.  Hunting for papers.  Measuring and cutting.  Listening to music and drinking wine.  Taping and gluing.  Packing and stacking.  It was very Zen, really.  Solitary, quiet.  Unlike most things in my life.

So, now I've returned to my candle-making roots.  I've signed up for a craft fair.  I've prepped an Etsy shop.  I've gone on a paper-hunting excursion and I've laid in supplies.  I'm fired up and ready to go, hey hey, ho ho.

Yeah, I was a cheerleader, but that's our secret, k?

Anyhoo, here's what I've been working on this weekend.  More, and more, and more to come.











There are even gift boxes.  With logos.  C'mon.  We're gettin serious up in here, people.




Welcome to Crafty Clementine, friends.

4 comments:

  1. Wow- I'm impressed! It all looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hurry up and open that etsy store already! christmas is a'coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh ok laura! :) it's almost ready to launch, just want to get my shipping ducks in a row and then GO TIME!! early next week??

    start the HYPE!

    ReplyDelete