Thursday, September 23, 2010

She's crafty

I guess I never knew I was crafty.  I don't have any "artistic" talent.  In short:  I can't draw.  And it always felt like, Well, that's it.  I can't draw, ergo, I'm not crafty.



 All that changed on a windy afternoon in San Francisco when my charming and adorable boyfriend of 4 years asked me to be his wife.

Aww.  We're cute.




Six months later, we pulled off a wedding that I would dare call a DIY Extravaganza- and I do not use the word Extravaganza lightly.  It was a labor of love, and we had the help and support of a multitude of ridiculously talented and, as luck would have it, crafty friends.  When I look back, I can't even believe what we accomplished.  Extravaganza.

It started the way all wedding planning starts- drooling over other people's stuff.  Cakes, dresses, centerpieces, good lord there's more wedding stuff out there in the world than much else, it seems.  Overwhelming?  You bet.  But as we looked and looked and talked to friends and looked some more, the lightbulbs started going off.

We could find that ourselves.

We could make that ourselves.

We could make that ourselves, but better.

And that, my friends, is when I discovered:  I'm crafty.

Don't worry, I'm going to tell you all about it.  But there's a lot, so let's pace ourselves, k?  We worked hard.  We copied some stuff, we invented some stuff, we modified and we started from scratch.  But we did it.  And it was perfect.

Extravaganza.

No comments:

Post a Comment